Ocean Water Use Warning for Los Angeles County Beaches
June 15, 2023
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health cautions residents who are planning to visit the below Los Angeles County beaches to avoid swimming, surfing, and playing in ocean waters:
BEACH AREAS WARNINGS:
· Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
· Marie Canyon Storm Drain at Puerco Beach
· Santa Monica Canyon Creek at Will Rogers State Beach
· Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
· Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
· Mothers Beach in Marina Del Rey
· Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
These warnings have been issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24- hours a day on the County's beach closure hotline: 1-800- 525-5662. To view the map of impacted locations and for more information, please visit PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.