Deadline for local equity applicants to be considered for provisional license
March 2, 2023
Local equity applicants have until March 31st to submit a license application to be considered for a provisional license per Business and Professions Code 26050.2 (a) (3) (D).
Here is a checklist to assist you with submitting a provisional license application:
• Review current regulations for application requirements
• Gather and submit all requirements in accordance with California Code of Regulations section 15002 and 15011
• Follow the online instructions for how to apply
• Reach out to local jurisdiction for your local authorization
• Provide CEQA documentation showing proof your environmental review is underway
• For cultivation licenses, provide a final streambed alteration agreement or documentation from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife that meets the requirements of section 15001.1(c)(2) of DCC’s regulations
• Make sure you are not requesting a license that exceeds one acre of outdoor cultivation, 22,000 square feet of mixed-light or indoor cultivation, or licenses on contiguous premises that exceed these size limitations
• If paying your application fee by cash, make an appointment to pay before the March 31, 2023 deadline by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a local equity business and have already submitted an application for a provisional license, be sure to check the application portal and your email inbox to ensure all application requirements have been completed.