Culver City Sister City Committee
Apply to become a Student Diplomat for the Feb. 10-21, 2023 Exchange Trip to Kaizuka, Japan
September 15, 2022
The Culver City Sister City Committee, a non-profit organization that fosters international friendship, seeks four high school students (two boys and two girls) to participate in an exchange trip to our sister city in Kaizuka, Japan from Feb. 10-21, 2023. We will hold an informational meeting on Sept. 21, 2022, beginning at 3:30 at the Julian Dixon County Library/4975 Overland Ave/Culver City, CA 90230
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
• Be in the 8th-11th grade.
• Be an excellent student and citizen.
• Maintain a “C” average or better in school with no unsatisfactory or needs improvement marks on your report card.
• Be curious about other cultures, especially Japanese culture. You will be staying with a Japanese family for 10 nights.
• Commit to hosting a student from Japan in March 2024.
• Provide three confidential references from current teachers, coaches and a personal reference from a long-time adult acquaintance. These references must be mailed separately to: Culver City Sister City Committee/P.O. Box 1072/Culver City, CA 90232
• Write an essay about why you should be selected
• Take part in all pre-exchange preparation meetings.
Students and their families will pay for round-trip air fare to Osaka, Japan. Some scholarship money may be available for those in need.
If you are interested in applying to be a student diplomat, please find information and the application forms at: https://www.culvercitysistercity.org/studentforms/. For more information, please contact Lyndon Stambler, Kaizuka Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Culver City Sister City Committee’s email: email@example.com.
Completed applications must be received no later than October 20, 2022.