Where to Vote in SM
October 29, 2020
By Samuel Alioto
As you no doubt know, California ballots were mailed to voters the first week of October. About 9 million ballots have already been cast, easily breaking the California records for early voting.
Nevertheless, polling stations will open for election 2020. Remember to bring your mask. If you forget, poll workers will hand you one, actually.
Authorities intended changes to voting in California this year to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Voters and poll workers will space voting booths apart, sanitize surfaces and "encourage those waiting in line to socially distance."
Voters are encouraged to arrive with a face covering, but those who show up without will be provided one.
In California, more than 21 million ballots were mailed to voters.
In Santa Monica, voting centers will open Friday October 3. Polling stations will remain open until Nov. 2nd. You may vote there from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Election Day, Nov. 3, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Below is a list of Santa Monica polling stations.
• Barker Hanger - 3021 Airport Ave., Santa Monica
• Expo/Downtown Santa Monica E Line Station - 402 Colorado Ave., Santa Monica
• Former Fire Station - Apparatus Room - 1444 7th St., Santa Monica
• Franklin Elementary School - Cafetorium - 2400 Montana Ave., Santa Monica
• Grant Elementary School - Auditorium, 2368 Pearl St., Santa Monica
• John Muir Elementary School - Multi-purpose Room - 2526 6th St., Santa Monica
• Marine Park - 1406 Marine St., Santa Monica
• Montana Ave Branch Library - 1704 Montana Ave., Santa Monica
• National Typewriter Company -1st Floor Gathering Room - 1666 Euclid St., Santa Monica
• Roosevelt Elementary School - Auditorium - 801 Montana Ave., Santa Monica