Green Leader Businesses in Culver City
September 12, 2019
Culver City is now a Clean Power Alliance (CPA) Green Leader and encourages local businesses to become the same through the Alliance's Green Leader Program.
To become a CPA Green Leader, local businesses must select the '100% Green Power' option. Culver City's '100% Green Power' businesses commit to exclusively using clean, renewable content to power their facilities, allowing them to both meet their unique green goals and support the health and sustainability of the community at large.
"The Green Leader Program is an opportunity for our local businesses to be recognized for their commitment to go 100% green," said Culver City Mayor Meghan Sahli-Wells. "By opting for Clean Power Alliance's '100% Green Power' program, both businesses and residents are helping to create a healthier, sustainable environment now and for generations to come. I hope to see all of our businesses join the City in the ranks of regional leaders that are building a future with clean energy."
The Clean Power Alliance launched the Green Leader Program to recognize its '100% Green Power' customers, acknowledge their environmental achievements and encourage others to follow in their footsteps. As a Green Leader, a business can receive:
• Decals, web badges and other promotional materials for display and marketing purposes
• Co-promotion via member local governments and other green business programs
• Recognition at Clean Power Alliance events and networking opportunities
• Assistance developing and promoting greenhouse gas emissions reduction metrics
• Featured profiles of businesses on Clean Power Alliance's website, social media and print materials
• Opportunities to earn credits for the United States Green Building Council's LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Program, California Green Business Network and the Culver City Sustainable Business Program
Nearly all Culver City businesses selected the '100% Green Power' program when the City launched its commercial Clean Power Alliance services in early 2019. To learn more about the program and apply to become a Green Leader, please visit the Green Leader website. The application is quick and easy to complete.
The Clean Power Alliance is formed as a Joint Powers Authority and is made up of 31 public agencies across Los Angeles and Ventura counties, who strive to provide clean and renewable power at competitive rates to their communities.