City Council Meeting in a Minute
August 11, 2014
August 14, 2014
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of August 11, 2014. At this
meeting, the City Council:
• Announced the appointment of Scott Bixby to the position of Police Chief and
Dave White to the position of Fire Chief.
• Presented a proclamation in honor of Fiesta La Ballona 2014.
• Adopted a resolution stating the City's support of AB 1839 which expands and
extends the State Film Tax Credit through Fiscal Year 2020/2021.
• Continued the Public Hearing regarding an implementation agreement
between the City of Culver City and the Successor Agency and Lowe
Enterprises Real Estate Group to convey certain real property on Exposition,
Venice, Washington, and National Boulevards (related to the
Washington/National Transit Oriented Development) to August 25, 2014.
• Discussed the regulation of smoking in multi-unit housing and electronic
Cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and directed staff to incorporate Council Members'
comments into the draft ordinance for consideration at an upcoming City
• Nominated Michelle Weiner, Lloyd Dixon and Mary Ann Webster, ranked in
priority order, for the Governor's Office to consider for appointment to one
seat on the Baldwin Hills Conservancy Board of Directors representing Culver
• Designated Mayor Sahli-Wells as the voting delegate and Vice Mayor
O'Leary and Council Member Clarke as voting delegate–alternates for the
League of California Cities Annual Conference to be held in Los Angeles in
• Adopted a resolution approving a three (3) year Memorandum of
Understanding with the Culver City Employees Association for the period of
July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting
http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next regular City Council meeting will
be held on Monday, August 25, 2014 at 7 pm. You may access the agenda for
this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings?
Follow this link and sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!