Delays Expected at Venice Expo Project
Beginning Monday, August 4 and extending through Saturday, September 20 drivers can expect delays due to the street widening and roadway improvements. work crews will conduct sidewalk/roadway reconstruction, installation of storm drains, catch basins, traffic signals and street lighting, and the realignment and restriping of traffic lanes on the south side of Venice Boulevard, between Culver Boulevard and National Boulevard. Additional street improvements on the north side of Venice Boulevard will follow.
Traffic Impacts are expected as follows:
• Starting the week of August 4, 2014, temporary lane closures will be implemented on Eastbound Venice Boulevard during nighttime hours for the relocation of K-Rail and restriping of traffic lanes to delineate the new work areas along the south side of the street.
• Additional intermittent nighttime lane closures will be implemented throughout construction.
• Due to the K-Rail placement near the Expo Line Culver City Station, the station entrance off Venice Boulevard will be temporarily closed for approximately 4 weeks.
• The sidewalk on the south side of Venice Boulevard between Culver Boulevard and Robertson Boulevard will be temporarily closed, along with the crosswalks on the south side of Venice Boulevard at Robertson Boulevard and at National Boulevard. A pedestrian detour will be maintained at all times.
• Right turns from Eastbound Venice Boulevard onto Southbound National Boulevard will be prohibited for trucks.
• Eastbound Venice Boulevard will remain two lanes of through traffic between Bagley Avenue and Robertson Boulevard. Three lanes of traffic will be maintained east of Robertson Boulevard.
• Southbound National Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the Venice Boulevard intersection for three weeks, and the crosswalk on the west side of National Boulevard will remain closed.
MTA has issued the following Advisories:
• The bus stop located on the south side of Venice Boulevard at Exposition Boulevard will be temporarily relocated, and specific signage will advise of the temporary bus stop location.
• Directional signage and/or flaggers will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
• Temporary parking restrictions will be required and strictly enforced at all times. Signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
• Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.