Meeting in a Minute
Culver City City Council
July 31, 2014
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of July 28, 2014. At this meeting,
the City Council:
• Presented the Government Finance Officers Association's Certificate of
Achievement plaque for excellence in finance reporting to Chief Financial
Officer Jeff Muir.
• Presented commendations to the following retired commission, committee,
and/or board members in recognition of their service to the Culver City
community: Rhonda Wolf, Michael Whitaker, Allen Azran, Michelle Bernardin,
and Arleen Chikami.
• Presented a commendation to Fleet Services Manager Paul Condran on
being named the Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year for 2014.
• Approved the final plans and specifications and authorized the publication
of a notice inviting bids for construction of the 2014 Street Paving Program,
• Approved agreements with Bestway Recycling, Inc., Allan Company, and
CR&R to purchase recyclable material from the City for six months as part
of a pilot program.
• Adopted an ordinance amending Culver City Municipal Code Section
9.10.600 regarding the definition and establishment, by resolution, of
designated dog paths within Culver City parks.
• Adopted a resolution designating the City's Agent(s) for the purpose of the
State of California's Office of Emergency Services and the Federal
Emergency Management Agency's Hazard Mitigation Grant Program and
Pre-Disaster Mitigation Program; and approved a grant application through
the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.
• Awarded a construction contract to Ramona, Inc. in an amount not-to-exceed
$54,660 for the construction of Jefferson Boulevard Sewer Main Extension, PZ-
• Continued the Public Hearing regarding an Implementation Agreement
between the City of Culver City and the Successor Agency and Lowe
Enterprises Real Estate Group to convey certain real property on Exposition,
Venice, Washington, and National Boulevards (related to the
Washington/National Transit Oriented Development) to August 11, 2014.
• Adopted a resolution confirming the assessment and ordering the levy for the
Sewer User's Service Charge for Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
• Adopted a resolution designating the Culver City Ice Arena as a Cultural
Resource at the "Significant" level.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting
http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next regular City Council meeting will
be held on Monday, August 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM. You may access the agenda for
this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings?
Follow this link and sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!