Meeting in a Minute
Culver City Council
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of July 14, 2014. At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented a proclamation in honor of July as "Parks Make Life Better!"
• Adopted an ordinance repealing and replacing Subchapter 15.02.100 of
Title 15, Chapter 15.02 of the Culver City Municipal Code, adopted by
reference multiple 2013 California Building Codes, and repealed and
reserved Chapter 15.04 of Title 15 in its entirety.
• Adopted an ordinance repealing and replacing Chapter 9.02 of Title 9 of the
Culver City Municipal Code and adopting by reference the 2013 California
Fire Code with local amendments.
• Approved a five year Professional Services Agreement with the County of
Los Angeles for supplemental animal control field services and sheltering
and animal facility licensing for a term ending on June 30, 2019 for an
amount not-to-exceed $75,000 and a five-year Professional Services
Agreement with SPCA/LA for animal sheltering services for a term ending
on June 30, 2019 for an amount not-to-exceed $165,000.
• Adopted a resolution granting a permit to the Culver City Exchange Club to
conduct a Beer and Wine Garden and approved special permits to allow
animals in Veterans' Memorial Park for entertainment purposes during the
2014 Fiesta La Ballona.
• Approved a professional services agreement with Artecho in an amount notto-
exceed $84,965.00 for the preparation of the City's Urban Forest
Management and Tree Succession Plan.
• Approved a change order in the Amount of $9,793.14 (for a total contract
amount of $62,018.14) and accepted the work performed by FS Construction,
Inc. for the construction of the CDBG Sidewalk & Curb Repair Project, P-428.
• Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute any actions
necessary for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance provided by the
California Governor's Office of Emergency Services under the Proposition 1B
Transit Security Grant Program.
• Continued the Public Hearing regarding an Implementation Agreement
between the Enterprises Real Estate Group to convey certain real property on Exposition, Venice, Washington, and National Boulevards to July 28, 2014.
• Adopted a resolution approving the Engineer's Report and affirming the
existing assessment levy for Higuera Street Landscape and Lighting
Assessment District - Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
• Adopted a resolution approving the Engineer's Report and assessment levy
for Landscape Maintenance District #1 for Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
• Maintained the current Culver CityBus free fare for passengers who are
• Adopted a resolution revising the established rules and regulations regarding
the use of Skateboard Parks within the City and rescinded resolution 2007-
• Introduced an ordinance amending Culver City Municipal Code Section
9.10.600 regarding the process for designating dog paths within Culver City
• Adopted a resolution establishing certain existing designated dog paths in
Culver West Alexander Park and Culver City Park and two additional
designated dog paths in Veterans' Memorial Park.
• Adopted a resolution approving a three-year Memorandum of Understanding
between the City and the Culver City Management Group for the period of July
1, 2014 through June 30, 2017.
• Adopted a resolution approving an updated Executive Compensation Plan.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting
http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next regular City Council meeting will
be held on Monday, July 28 at 7:00 PM. You may access the agenda for this
meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings?
Follow this link and sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!