Culver City Council-Meeting in a Minute
June 26, 2014
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of June 23, 2014. At this meeting,
the City Council:
• Approved a two-year extension to the professional services agreement with
Marina Landscape to provide landscape maintenance services and additional,
as-needed services on a contingency basis for a term ending on June 30, 2016
in an amount not-to-exceed $548,509.50.
• Adopted resolutions approving a master agreement regarding retention and
expenditure of bond proceeds between the City of Culver City and the
Successor Agency to the Culver City Redevelopment Agency pursuant to
California Health and Safety Code Section 34191.4(c).
• Approved an Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with the
Downtown Business Association for Maintenance Services in Downtown
Culver City for Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
• Approved a professional services agreement with Vision Internet in an amount
not-to-exceed $62,570 to provide professional design services and content
management software to support the City's website.
• Adopted a resolution approving and adopting the annual appropriations limit
for Fiscal Year 2014/2015; and adopted respective resolutions approving the
Fiscal Year 2014/2015 budget for the City of Culver City, Housing Authority,
and Parking Authority.
• Adopted resolutions confirming the assessment and ordering the levy for (1)
the Benefit Assessment District West Washington Boulevard No. 1; (2) the
Benefit Assessment District West Washington Boulevard No. 2; and (3) the
Albright Avenue Street Lighting Assessment District, all for Fiscal Year
• Continued the Public Hearings to confirm the assessment and order the
Levy for Fiscal Year 2014/2015 for both the Higuera Street Landscape and
Lighting Assessment District and the Landscaping Maintenance District No.
1 to July 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM.
• Introduced an ordinance repealing and replacing Chapter 9.02 of Title 9 of
the Culver City Municipal Code and adopted by reference the 2013 California
Fire Code, with local amendments; and adopted a resolution making
express findings for modification to the Fire Code based on local climatic,
geological and topographical conditions.
• Introduced an ordinance repealing and replacing Subchapter 15.02.100 of
Title 15, Chapter 15.02 the Culver City Municipal Code and adopted by
reference the 2013 California Building Standards Administrative Code, 2013
California Building Code, 2013 California Residential Building Code, 2013
California Electrical Code, 2013 California Mechanical Code, 2013 California
Plumbing Code, 2013 California Energy Code, 2013 California Historical
Building Code, 2013 Existing Building Code, 2013 California Green Building
Standards Code, and 2013 California Reference Standards Code; and
repealed and reserved Chapter 15.04 of Title 15 in its entirety.
• Adopted a resolution declaring the City Council's intention to initiate a
specific plan for the Culver City portion of the Inglewood Oil Field.
• Approved the waivers for the $119 Banner Permit Application fee; the
$40.16 Technology Fee; and the $885 banner installation cost; and extended
the display time of the 2014 Summer Concert Series banners to 60 days to
allow for display prior to the first Concert and removal following the sixth and
• Directed the City Manager to bring back the Request for Proposals for
Production Services for the Summer Concert Series to correspond with the
move of the series to Parcel B (expected in about two years' time) and
directed the Cultural Affairs Commission to be consulted at that time.
• Adopted resolutions approving a recommendation from the Finance
Advisory Committee to approve policies related to Budget Development and
Administration, Financial Policies, and the Recreation Facilities Reserve;
and adopted a resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Investment
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting
http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next regular City Council meeting will
be held on Monday, July 14 at 7:00 PM. You may access the agenda for this
meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings?
Sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!