Free State Tax Assistance Available Online
April 10, 2014
With only a few days left in the tax filing season, the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) reminds taxpayers about free online tax help online.
Taxpayers can access a number of resources at FTB's website: ftb.ca.gov including:
• CalFile, California's free and direct e-file program available to more than 6.4 million taxpayers. New features make it easier and more convenient to complete CalFile.
• e-file your tax return for free using ReadyReturn. Qualified taxpayers have a completed tax return ready and waiting for them.
• MyFTB Account to check for estimated tax payments, recent payments made to a balance due, look up California wage and withholding information, change your address, or set up email reminders for estimate tax payments.
• Make tax payments online using Web Pay or your credit card. Taxpayers can save their bank account number for future use, view scheduled Web Pay requests, and cancel a payment.
• Check your refund status.
• Find answers to frequently asked questions.
• Get tax forms and publications.
• Find a location to pick up a tax booklet.
• Live Chat, ask a FTB representative general questions regarding personal and business income tax, or get help with our website.
• Find Volunteer Income Tax Assistance/Tax Counseling for the Elderly filing assistance.
Tax tips and more on Youtube and Facebook