City Council Meeting
Meeting in a Minute: December 9, 2013
December 9, 2013
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of December 9, 2013. At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented a Commendation to Merry Lepper, the First American Woman to Complete a Marathon.
• Approved a Contract in the Amount of $376,421 for the Construction of the Linwood E. Howe Safe Routes to School Project.
• Approved an Amendment to an Existing Agreement with Modern Parking, Inc. for Parking Management Services at the Cardiff, Ince, and Watseka Parking Structures and the Venice and Virginia Parking Lots.
• Directed the City Manager to provide additional public notification regarding the proposed Sawtelle Boulevard/Hayter Avenue/Blanco Way Traffic Signal Project and Return to the City Council at a Later Date.
• Approved an Allocation of $55,000 to Local Performing Arts Organizations for the 2014 Performing Arts Grant Program.
• Adopted a Resolution Confirming the Business Improvement District Advisory Board's Annual Report and the Levy of the Downtown Culver City Business Improvement District Assessment for 2014 and Appointed Members to the Business Improvement District Advisory Board.
• Approved In-Kind Financial Assistance in the Amount of $5,127 to Share Our Strength for its Taste of the Nation Event to be held on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at Media Park and Designated the Taste of the Nation Event a City-Sponsored Event.
• Approved a Budget Amendment and Transfer from the City's General Fund to the Successor Agency to the Culver City Redevelopment Agency in the amount of $1,462,118 (as a joint item with Housing Authority approving a budget amendment and transfer from the Housing Authority to the Successor Agency in the amount of $1,262,500 and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency approving a budget amendment and distribution of $2,724,618) to the Los Angeles County Auditor-Controller to Satisfy the Other Funds and Accounts Due Diligence Review and Become Eligible to Receive a
Finding of Completion from the California Department of Finance in Satisfaction of the Requirements of the California Health and Safety Codes.
• Approved an Enhanced City Budget Process which Provides for Additional Opportunities for Input from the Public and the City's Commissions, Committees, and Boards.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next City Council meeting will be held on Monday December 16, 2013 at 6:30 pm. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings? Follow this link and sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!