Meeting in a Minute
November 12, 2013
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of November 12. At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented a Proclamation in honor of Veterans Day 2013.
• Received a presentation from Southern California Edison regarding Edison’s emergency response plan and the recent fires in the Blair Hills neighborhood of the City.
• Accepted an award from the American Society of Civil Engineers for the City’s Jefferson Boulevard Pedestrian Access Improvements Project at Hetzler Road.
• Adopted Resolutions calling for the holding of a General Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 for the election of certain Officers as required by the City Charter of the City of Culver City and requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles render specified services to the City related to the conduct of said election.
• Approved the Downtown Culver City Business Improvement District Advisory Board’s Annual Work Program and Budget and set the date and time for a Public Hearing to consider the levy of the 2014 assessment (to be December 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM).
• Adopted a Resolution, introduced an Ordinance and approved a budget amendment regarding procedures and regulations for Residential Permit Parking Districts and related Program fees.
• Introduced an Ordinance approving Zoning Code Amendment ZCA P-2013126 and amending Zoning Code Section 17.320.025 “Alternative Parking Provisions”, to establish Parking Districts within the Hayden Tract and Smiley Blackwelder Industrial Areas.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next City Council meeting will be held on Monday November 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings? Follow this link and sign-up for the City’s e-mail notification program. It’s free!