Meeting in a Minute
October 28, 2013
October 31, 2013
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of October 28, 2013. At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented a Proclamation designating November 1, 2013 as Veterans in the Arts and Humanities Day.
• Approved a Professional Services Agreement with Walk 'n Rollers to Develop and Implement the Citywide Non-Infrastructure Safe Route to School Program for an amount not to exceed $440,000.
• Appointed Vice Mayor Sahli-Wells as the Representative and Councilmember Weissman as the Alternate to the Community Advisory Panel (CAP) for the Los Angeles County Baldwin Hills Community Standards District.
• Approved the Implementation Plan for the Bicycle Transportation Account Grant and Authorized the Release of a Request for Proposals for the Purchase and Installation of Bicycle Racks.
• Recognized the Organization of a Business District Organization called "Culver Village" and Approved Sponsorship of Cooperative Economic Development and Marketing Programs for that Area along Sepulveda Boulevard from Culver Boulevard to Franklin Avenue.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday November 12 at 7 pm. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings? Follow this link and sign-up for the City's e-mail notification program. It's free!