The Culver City Chamber of Commerce will present a healthcare reform forum at its next Issues & Eggs Forum on Wednesday, November 6 at the Four Points by Sheraton, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City.
Issues & Eggs Forum includes a full buffet breakfast as well as an informative 59 minutes on the new healthcare law taking effect on January 1, 2014. The program will cover all health insurance options that are available to you.
DATE: Wednesday, November 6.
TIME: 7:30 am registration; 8 am program
COST: $25 prepaid; $30 at the door
RSVP: By 1 pm Tuesday, November 5
The open enrollment period for purchasing individual or group health insurance plans with January 1, 2014 effective dates started on October . With the implementation of many Affordable Care Act provisions coming in 2014 it is important to understand all of the health insurance plan options that are available to you before purchasing a new health insurance plan. The open enrollment period for purchasing a health insurance plan runs from October 1 through March 31, 2014.
• Guaranteed issue individual plans - you cannot be denied coverage or have your premium rated up because of a pre-existing medical condition.
• Individual and small group plans (1-50 employees) will be available through the new state Exchange (or marketplace) called Covered California.
• If your household income is between 138% and 400% of the federal poverty level you can qualify for a federal government subsidy to pay a portion of your monthly insurance premium.
• If your income is less than 138% of the federal poverty level you can qualify for free coverage through Medical.
• You should work with a health insurance agent who has completed the Affordable Care Act certification-training program and is certified to sell plans through Covered California.
When you select an individual health insurance plan during the open enrollment period, you are locked into that plan for 2014. You cannot change your health insurance plan until the next open enrollment period that will run from October 15, 2014 through December 7, 2014.
To Register visit the Culver City Chamber of Commerce online at www.culvercitychamber.com or for more information contact Barbara Brody at (310) 287-3850 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.