Ballona Creek Annual Coastal Cleanup Day Arrives
Bring your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to participate with the thousands of volunteers around the world in taking a stand against ocean pollution on Coastal Cleanup Day Saturday.
Below is important information to make volunteer day in Culver City that much more fun:
• Bring the signed waiver with you if you can. If not, no worries copies will be available for signature. Under age 18, requires parental signature.
• Check in begins at 9 am. All good things happen at check-in. You'll receive the safety talk on what to pickup and how, supplies, spritz of sunscreen, meet other likeminded volunteers etc. .
• Zero Heroes! Bring your own reusable buckets and gloves to collect trash if you can.
• Wear comfortable clothes. Closed toe shoes are recommended along with hats or sunglasses to beat the heat.
We are honored to have as the host for the four registration sites on the Ballona Creek Bike path:
• Syd Kronenthal Park (at the bike path entrance) Echo Horizon School, http://www.echohorizon.org
• Duquesne Avenue (north of Culver City Transportation Building) Culver City Bike Coalition, http://www.ccbike.org
• Overland Avenue (Behind Julian Dixon Library) Ballona Creek Renaissance, http://www.BallonaCreek.org
• Sepulveda Blvd ., (on Bike/Creek path entrance) and Kiwanis Los Angeles