Senior Center To Present Award-Winning Film
SeniorCenter To Present Award-Winning Film
A documentary award-winning film by Karina Epperlein will be shown at the Culver City Senior Center on Sunday, July 21 at 4 pm.
This film will be preceded by an individual dance performance.
Imagine a dancer: The body his instrument, his legs and feet so essential. What if he is missing one leg? Is dancing still possible? Could he dance with one leg?
Homer does just that -- he dances with one leg. No crutches, nothing. And he makes it look like the most beautiful thing on earth. He is flying, soaring .....
An inspiring film about Homer Avila, a dancer with one leg. A dancer all his life, Homer might have given up hope when he lost his leg to cancer. Instead, he continues dancing just as beautifully as before.
Open to the public, but may be of special interest to:
- Students seeking education regarding disabilities.
- Individuals living with disabilities and their families.
- Dancers and choreographers looking for inspiration.
- Filmmakers or film studies students.
- Community members seeking involvement in Disability Advisory Committee activities.
Our guest, Filmmaker and Producer Karina Epperlein will be available for discussion following the film.
Sponsored by: Culver City Disability Advisory Committee, Culver City Senior Citizens Association and Culver City Department of Parks, Recreation and Community