City Council: Meeting in a Minute
May 16, 2013
Meeting in a Minute
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of May 13, 2013. At this meeting, the City Council:
• At a special meeting held at 4 pm the Council received a presentation on the impacts of actuarial changes on the City’s future retirement contributions.
• Proclaimed May as Older Americans’ Month, Historic Preservation Month, and Water Month and May 13 – 19 as Bike Week 2013.
• Commended CoCo Rubalcava as 2013 Senior of the Year and presented certificates of recognition to students from Echo Horizon School for their fundraising efforts.
• Received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for Fiscal Year 2012/2013 and the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the Year Ending June 30, 2011 from the Government Finance Officers Association.
• Approved the final plans and specifications for the Linwood E. Howe Safe Routes to School Project.
• Authorized the Release of a Request for Proposal (RFP) to Outsource Audio Visual Production Services for Broadcasting City Meetings from the Mike Balkman Council Chambers.
• Approved updated fees and charges for Fiscal Year 2013/2014.
• Received the City Manager’s Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2013/2014 (Budget study sessions will be held on June 3 and June 4 in the City Council Chambers).
• Introduced an Ordinance to ban single-use plastic bags in Culver City.
• Approved City sponsorship of IndieCade 2013.
• Approved City sponsorship of the first annual TEDx Event in Culver City.
• Appointed City Council Members to various outside agency boards and determined the Sustainability Committee to be a Standing Committee of the City Council.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
The next City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 28. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.