Culver City Council Meeting in a Minute
March 27, 2013
Meeting in a Minute
Here are some highlights from the City Council meeting of March 26, 2013. At this meeting, the City Council:
• Proclaimed March 31, 2013 as “Cesar Chavez Day of Service and Learning.”
• Approved the Issuance of a Request for Proposals for Real Estate Brokerage Services for the Potential Sale of City-owned Property at 10745 Cranks Road and 11304 Segrell Way (Emphasizing that Only Proposals Received via the Selected Broker from Potential Buyers that Maintain Existing Zoning and Neighborhood Character Would be Considered).
• Adopted an Ordinance amending the Culver City Municipal Code (Zoning Code) regarding “Food Retail” Establishments (for Example, Yogurt Shops).
• Adopted an Ordinance amending the Culver City Municipal Code (Zoning Code) regarding Accessory Residential Structures.
• Adopted an Ordinance amending the Culver City Municipal Code related to the Art in Public Places Program.
• Adopted a Resolution Approving an Encroachment Agreement with Freedom Telecommunications for the Installation of Fiber-Optic Cable on Selmarine Drive.
• Received and Filed a report of Proposed State Legislation for the 2013-2014 Legislative Session.
Approved In-Kind Assistance by the City in the amount of $7,711, Set a Maximum Reimbursement of City Costs at $14,375, Approved City Sponsorship, Street Closures, and a License Agreement with the Culver City Exchange Club for the 2013 Car Show.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting
http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx. The next City Council meeting will be held on Monday April 8, 2013. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting
Interested in receiving e-mail notifications regarding upcoming City Council meetings? Follow this link and sign-up for the City’s e-mail notification program. It’s free!