City Council Minute
January 30, 2013
Here are some highlights from the Culver City Council meeting of January 28
At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented Certificates of Recognition to Jersey Mike’s Subs for the Culver City Teen Center Fund Raising Event which raised in excess of $1,400
• Accepted the work performed by KASA Construction for the West Washington Phase III Streetscape Median Project
• Approved a Purchase Order with Mity-Lite, Inc. in an amount not-to-exceed $76,000 for the purchase of replacement equipment and furniture for the Veterans’ Memorial Complex
• Awarded a Contract to Malibu Pacific Tennis Courts, Inc., for the Fox Hills Park Playground Project, in the Amount of $93,999
• Introduced an Ordinance and Approved a Comprehensive Plan (CP P-2012116) to Allow a Mixed Used Development Consisting of Approximately 31,240 Square Feet of Commercial Uses and 115 Residential Units Located at 8770 Washington Boulevard
• Accepted a Donation of Equipment and Services to the City for Use in the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department from the Culver City Senior Citizens Association and Team Santa Monica
• Approved a Recommendation from the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission to Extend the Designated Dog Path (Pooch Path) at Culver West Alexander Park to include the Walking/Jogging Trail Located within the Park
• Discussed the Proposed Renaming of Bush Way after Albert and Ursula Vera and Directed the City Manager to schedule the item at a future City Council meeting after providing notice of the City Council’s intent to consider such renaming.
• Approved Closures of Steller Drive between Eastham Avenue and Hayden Avenue, Warner Drive between Eastham Avenue and Hayden Avenue, Hayden Avenue between Warner Drive and Steller Drive, and Eastham Avenue between Warner Drive and Eastham Avenue, for a Bicycle Special Event to be hosted by the University of Southern California Cycling Team, on Sunday, February 17, 2013.
• Discussed a Proposal to Establish a Centennial Committee for the 100th Anniversary of the City and Directed the City Manager to proceed with the establishment of this Committee by preparing an item for consideration by the City Council at a future City Council meeting.
• Discussed of the Regular Meeting Dates of the City Council and Determined the City Council would continue to hold its regular meetings on the Second and Fourth Mondays of each month.
You may view a complete web cast of the entire meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agenda.aspx.
The next City Council meeting will be held on Monday February 4. You may access the agenda for this meeting by visiting http://www.culvercity.org/agendas.aspx.