City Manager's Update
August 31, 2012
City Manager’s Office
· Measure Y - The City Council has placed Measure Y on the ballot, which would approve an ordinance enacting a temporary one half-cent (0.5%) transactions and use tax within the City of Culver City for a period of ten years. This type of tax is also commonly referred to as a “sales” tax. Culver City is in a financial state of urgency and is using reserve funds to maintain operational costs. The City Council has placed Measure Y on the ballot to address this crisis and to avoid significant cuts to essential services, in order to maintain quality of life.
For more information please click on the following link:
Community Development Department
- Westfield Culver City – ULTA Beauty, a new retail store, is now open for business.
- National & Hayden LLP – A permit has been issued to construct a new 11,272 square foot office addition to an existing 4 level parking structure located at 3540 Hayden Avenue.
- Elevate LA One – Plans have been approved for a new restaurant located at 4114 Sepulveda Boulevard.
- Club Assist – Plans have been submitted for a 16,847 square foot tenant improvement to existing office space located at 5750 Hannum Avenue.
- 9300 Culver Boulevard (Parcel B) – Culver City-based Dogtown Crossfit will be renting Parcel B to hold a Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraising event on October 27, 2012.
- 4043 Irving Place mixed use project – Construction of a Three-Story Condominium Building containing 28 units (12 affordable units) over a single-level subterranean parking garage is underway. The project includes approximately 1,500 square feet of ground-floor commercial space. The project is 27% complete, on schedule and on budget. It is scheduled for completion May 2013.
- Tilden Terrace – Construction of the Mixed-Use Affordable housing project continues. Project completion is anticipated by June 28, 2013.
Due to safety concerns, Dreyfuss Construction is requesting permission from the City to close off Tilden Avenue and Harter Avenue to through traffic on September 25, 2012 for the structural concrete 2nd floor podium deck concrete pour. The 2nd floor structural podium deck is structurally designed to be poured monolithically. There will be approximately 1400 cubic yards of concrete being poured, placed and finished (smooth trowel finish). Dreyfuss will be using two-52 meter concrete boom pumps. One pump will be on Tilden Avenue and the other one will be on Harter Avenue. Dreyfuss is working with Traffic Engineering to review and approve the Traffic Control Plan.
4043 Irving Project: The grade level framing and partial steel moment frames.