Traffic Diversions on Venice and Robertson Blvd
August 7, 2012
Beginning August 2, through September 21, traffic will be impacted on Venice and Robertson Blvd. due to relocation of the sewer lines.
Activities will include excavation along westbound Venice Boulevard, to install new pipes and manholes. Upon completion of the work, the street will be restored.
The work Hours: 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday with occasional work on Fridays from midnight to 8 a.m.
Traffic Impacts include:
• Traffic will be impacted on Venice Boulevard between Durango Avenue and Ivy Street.
• Westbound traffic on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to one lane between Curtis Avenue and Culver Boulevard.
• Eastbound traffic on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to two lanes between Curtis Avenue and Robertson Boulevard.
• On northbound Robertson Boulevard, left turns will be prohibited onto Venice Boulevard.
• On southbound Robertson Boulevard right turns will be prohibited onto Venice Boulevard.
• On eastbound Venice Boulevard, left turns onto Robertson Boulevard will be prohibited.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of Venice Boulevard.
• Pedestrian traffic on the north side of Venice Boulevard will be re-directed to the south side of Venice Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Culver Boulevard.
• Electronic message boards and directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers and pedestrians around the construction zones.
• Local access to all businesses will be maintained.
• Steel plates will be used to maintain traffic during daytime hours.
• Parking and “No Stopping Anytime” restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times.
• Please do not enter the construction work zone and obey all posted construction signs.
Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons.